siscc-domestic-network-1500px-834.jpg

The Solomon Islands Domestic Network (SIDN)

the-solomon-islands-domestic-network-sidn.png

Four Provinces of the Solomon Islands will be joined by a domestic submarine cable network in parallel with the development of the International Coral Sea Cable System.  This will ensure that key Provincial Centres can benefit fully from the new International cable system and support the advancement of domestic telecommunications in the Solomon Islands.

The Solomon Islands Domestic Submarine Cable System (SIDN) will link each of Auki in Malaita Province, Noro in Western Province and Taro in Choiseul Province with Honiara.  The technology will be provided by Vocus Communications and Alcatel Submarine Networks.  The Installation will be carried out at the same time as the International CS2 cable system in later 2019.

The system will be 66.7% grant funded by The Commonwealth of Australia with the remaining 33.3% provided by the Solomon Islands Government through Solomon Islands Submarine Cable Company Limited (SISCC). 

SISCC signed a Landing Party Agreement (LPA) with the Commonwealth of Australia on the 13th June 2018.  Under the terms of this agreement, SISCC will construct all the landing party infrastructure required to install the cable system.  They will construct beach landings, land cable duct routes to landing station sites and erect Cable Landing Stations for the cable system electronics in each of the four locations.

After commissioning, SISCC will take title of the Solomon Islands Domestic Network and operate it for the 25 year lifetime of the system.